Thursday 31 January 2019

Day 6 - 31 -- Enjoyment

Two energizing and fun meetings occurred today. Each talked about a major research direction that provides much thought and excitement. The information will be presented to others next week in a somewhat concise format. My brain goes madly in all directions so conciseness might be problematic -- and given my tangential nature <smile>. My reading list for the research is growing as there are a number of factors that require investigation. The other part of the project was discussed with a colleague as we outline the larger project. We spend a lot of time laughing as we expand on the outline planned. I do enjoy such working relationships. So -- all in all a productive day even though nothing was written, much was discussed that moved ideas and thinking to the next level.

Spending time with a favoured topic or activity can bring smiles. Even when the impending workload may be large, the excitement of immersing oneself in the project is palpable -- work of sorts that brings a hint of fun. Who'd have thought? <smile>  I do recall entering academia to get to do the 'fun stuff' as part of my job. Sadly, that isn't the case for many people who carry full teaching loads. So, here I am in retirement doing those enjoyable tasks for no salary. An office and access to computer and library resources needed have been provided by my 'employer.' I think of it as a sabbatical without the bi-weekly deposit into my bank account <smile>.

Shared here is a song that fits the way I felt today. The selection emerged from a distinct  '60s sound. The version shared involves a combination of two bands from that era with a resultant sound that feels so right. Enjoy!

Fun, Fun, Fun -- Satus Quo ft. The Beach Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment