Monday 21 January 2019

Day 6 - 21 -- A sea of green

A surprise awaited me out the window this morning -- green grass all through the yard. The wind and warmer temps along with the rain overnight took the snow and ice sheets away. By noon, temperatures were dropping close to freezing. Any standing water left is now frozen. When I ran the garbage to the curb for morning pickup, I saw some ice on the town sidewalk -- a darker spot that had run from the remainder of a larger snow bank at the end of the driveway. I stepped around it to get out to the curb. Coming back I discovered that the lighter coloured parts of the sidewalk were covered in ice that wasn't visible. I'm not sure if the sidewalk plow will get out with salt before I have to walk in tomorrow. Don't want to drive until roads have been addressed, either. At least I can walk on the grass between the sidewalk and the road <smile>.  A small bit of snow is falling right now, which will cover any ice making walking even more frustrating.

My day was all indoors working at home on research project and prepping for the guest lecture tomorrow. I took time to read a 'real' book <smile> and watched a recorded television program. Two phone calls for future appointments came today. Some days, no calls other than recorded phishing expeditions come through, so today was a exception. I liked doing some work tasks and some me things. It is taking some time to get used to this, but a sense of rhythm is trying to assert itself. 

An early R&B soul song seemed to fit my thoughts today. While I love seeing the green grass, I know it won't stay -- at least not yet. <smile>  The singer had a hit with this recording when it hit #2 on the R&B charts and #17 on the Hot 100. Many of his songs crossed over between R&B, Soul and Hot 100 charts. Enjoy!

Don't Let the Green Grass Fool You -- Wilson Pickett

No comments:

Post a Comment