Tuesday 29 January 2019

Day 6 - 29 -- Slowing Down?

Catching up and getting started -- themes of the day. I began with getting the last of the laundry dealt with and then worked through the e-mails. Some solid direction for the bit research project came from a colleague -- readings that sound intriguing, but that will have to be through intra-library loan. So the search is moving but very slowly. The big outing of the day involved dealing with RSPs as the deadline approaches. Admittedly, the year end statements have been difficult to see. December was the lowest since 1930s, so things took a major dive. January saw a rebound, so a fair chunk of the loss has reappeared. I guess I'm entering that phase of life when less risk feels more comfortable. Retirement will do that, I guess <smile>. 

I've been so tired lately that I feel I could fall asleep anytime -- except at bedtime. Waking with the alarm seems to pull me from a deep sleep. I'm vaguely aware that there are many dreams occurring some anxiety dreams and some just plain weird. Perhaps that is all part of the January blues or seasonal affective disorder. It feels like I should just stay in bed all day and see what happens <smile>. When a plan for the day isn't completed, does that mean I'm lazy? Not likely, but it may be unmotivated or just too tired to think clearly. This will take further thought to tease apart what is at the core of it all. In the meantime, rethinking might help -- that doing something is not nothing and doing everything may be unrealistic. Perhaps it is an effect of me slowing down after years of going full tilt. Hmmm.

A line from a song came to mind this evening. It seems to go with the idea that I could give myself permission to do less than I seem to demand of myself  and that reading for fun isn't a waste <smile>. I love the plaintive nature of the song and vocals. enjoy!

Wasted Time -- The Eagles


No comments:

Post a Comment