Saturday 2 October 2021

Day 8 - 274 -- Competing Gatherings

Saturday began with homecoming ridiculousness that woke me up earlier in the morning than I had planned to rise. The carrying on ramped up throughout the day. One very early gathering is at the cross street behind me and two smaller, though no less boisterous groups began across the street. Dueling music is frustrating and the the volume is absurd. Not a good day to have a migraine, eh? Earplugs are an absolute must, but the don't fully block the louder aspects of the music. They do hurt my ears after a while though <grump>. 

Some of the gatherings were shut down into the evening and others began. I've often wondered why student undergraduate students participate in huge parties when they actually haven't 'left' yet? It also frustrates me that first responders have to be on full alert with extra staff just because of the raucous behaviour. Here's hoping that things settle down before bedtime and that tomorrow is a quiet day. 

I will admit to feeling a bit curmudgeonly today. Feeling yucky didn't help, but I've also lived with this for years and it only seems to become worse with each iteration of silliness. A title line and chorus lyric ran through my head often today. It made me almost smile. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy!

Don't Do Me Like That -- Tom Petty



No comments:

Post a Comment