Sunday 17 October 2021

Day 8 - 289 -- Ready, Set, Plan!

It feels like I did very little today. I ordered a few things online that I can't find locally. The last two loads of laundry were finished in the afternoon. I did start a book that I am reviewing for a professional newsletter, but covered only a few pages. The topic is interesting to me so I hope that I can complete this reading with steady daily doses. There is a deadline for that one, so it will become more of a priority as time marches forward <smile>. the main theme deals with food short falls during World War I. 

Store shelves have been empty before during the pandemic. More prevalent shortages have been encountered at grocery stores, pet stores as well as the larger home items that have been in short supply for some time. Global supply chains have become clogged more recently for a number of reasons. I've heard news media telling people to shop now for the holidays as shortages are expected too increase and shipping may be challenging due to fewer truck drivers available. In a commercial world, interruptions to online or in store shopping might create emotional stress for many people. This may be a year for home made gifts -- crafts or food items and such. I may resort to cookbooks from WWII with recipes that dealt with the short fall in food supplies that led to rationing. It will all take a bit more planning than 'usual'. 

Running on Empty - Jackson Browne



No comments:

Post a Comment