Thursday 21 October 2021

Day 8 - 293 -- Moving Walls

It was a wonderful sunny day. The light was a great golden shade that made the leaves and air look stunning. While out on a short walk to get some milk, I saw an interesting group of clouds that looked like lenticular formations but long and narrow rather than saucer shaped. They were softer looking than most stratus clouds. They were mesmerizing. Once home again, I made spiced apple sauce and sampled it with French toast -- breakfast for supper today <smile>. 

I've begun to think about things in the future -- near and far. It took time to to build walls around me -- to protect me from the disappointments of the world of late. As things begin to ease, I find myself thinking of traveling, eating in a restaurant and visiting with friends over dinner or a glass of wine. Trying to put these thoughts into action involves a lot of trepidation. Am I ready to head back into the world? If I make plans that somehow don't come to fruition how will I manage that? Can I take on more grief on top of what has been heaped upon us all in the past months? I wonder if I am strong enough to deal with such disappointments again. Some days I feel broken by the pandemic and all of life that it stopped. Yet, on other days, hope prevails. It is going to be challenging as we adapt to a new way of living day to day, one that combines pre- and post-pandemic strategies. It won't be the same, but it can still be good. <smile> 

I guess what this all means is that the armour or wall around me will need to be dismantled. It will take time, effort and courage. It can happen, though. The song shared today uses the wall metaphor and notes that these can be removed. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Wall -- Bon Jovi




No comments:

Post a Comment