Sunday 31 October 2021

Day 8 - 302 -- Avoidance Thoughts

We had another sunny day with warmer temperatures than the past couple of days. I headed out in mid-afternoon to run an errand to then drove out a secondary highway to locate the collision centre. This will ensure I don't have to drive back and forth looking for the right side road on Monday. After a few chores, I was ready to head out for a walk.  The sky had disappeared behind major clouds that usher in the wet day we are promised for tomorrow. Without the sun for the walk, it did feel cooler, but was worth the effort to see the fall flowers and such. 

Since colder overnight temperatures have arrived, I plan to pull out the winter sweatshirts and sweaters to give them a refresh. In a similar fashion, the summer clothes will head back into storage until next spring. I've lived in a part of the world where people have two major seasonal wardrobes. It requires extra storage space, particularly for the bulkier winter clothes and outer wear. Lightweight summer clothes take up much less space when put into hibernation for a few months. I've thought of living somewhere where the winter gear may not be necessary -- or at least a place where I could hide during the winter months. Since moving to the maritime region, some coats have never been worn as it just never gets as cold here as on the prairies. I consider this area milder in temperatures, but not in snowfall. <smile> Perhaps it is time to look into some of the areas I dream about in the midst of winter -- become a snowbird maybe? Or is that just being a wuss <grin>. 

Only one song seemed to fit best tonight. <grin> I chose a version (rather than the original released in 1970) by the original singer and another wonderful voice. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Snowbird -- Anne Murray ft Sarah Brightman



 



No comments:

Post a Comment