Wednesday 27 October 2021

Day 8 - 298 -- By the Pricking of my Thumbs ...

For much of the day we had bright sun that made the day feel warmer. My walk took me the dentist to arrange for a quick check on the new caps. It turned out there had been a cancellation so I was able to see him right away. A tiny bit of polishing of one tooth surface eliminated the sharp corner and the gritty feeling when the upper and lower incisors met. The bill from what insurance didn't pay was also cleared up. One invoice had since been paid by insurance and the other one had been partially paid, so my portion was much less than I'd walked in thinking I would pay today. <smile> The whole thing -- which began January 10, 2020 -- is now over. It took much longer than originally planned due to the pandemic lockdowns. Nice to see that over after 21 months or so. 

Weather in the US north east left many without power and with flooding rains. Parts of the province are to get some of that tomorrow. Our area was originally expected to get a couple of inches of rain with strong winds. Since the storm is tracking further out to sea, here we will get far less rain and weaker winds. Even though leaves are falling, many trees still have a lot of foliage that can add to the loft potential. So, while we expect something messier than today, it may remain manageable. In situations such as these, I tend to subscribe to the weather as carried in a town weekly newspaper where I worked years ago. They were 100% accurate since the weather column reported what had occurred in the past week. <smile> Forecasts can be off, particularly when predicting things more than 24 hours out. So -- I prepare for something and wait until it arrives to see how close to the prediction things turn out to be. <smile> 

I chose to re-share the song that I used when I first damaged the teeth in a fall on the street. It makes me laugh. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Baby, Take You're Teeth Out -- Frank Zappa






No comments:

Post a Comment