Friday 8 October 2021

Day 8 - 280 -- Keeping Connected

The sky was blue with cloudy periods. Temperatures were still cool and it was fairly windy overnight and into the day.  I did get out of the house when I had to head up to campus to see IT folks. It was great to go for the walk from parking lot to library to my mail slot in the office and then head back home.

We recently moved to multi-factor authentication. I had set it up for phone and text. Since then, there are two new ways that might work well when not at home or on campus as well as when out of town (hey, I can dream, right? <grin>). One was a hardware token -- which I assumed was something sent to me via a message of some sort, when it is actually a small device that will generate a code to let me log into the system when off campus. There is also a new app to help with authentication. We installed that one on the phone. The 15 minute appointment, for which I arrived 5 minutes early, took about an hour to complete. The token was easily explained, but couldn't be tested. The app took some maneuvering to install. We did get to test that one finally. So, I guess I'm good to go and can keep in touch when away -- with options even <smile>. 

Technology can often create extreme stress and frustration but today we wrestled it to the ground. That felt good. <grin> I will keep a positive thought that of the four options one of them will have to work to keep me connected when away. The title of a song came to mind -- a very quirky thought today <grin>. I had been thinking that I should be connected to the great wide wonderful world now no matter what. These words entered my thoughts and made me laugh out loud. Now they are for you. <giggle>.  

Don't Stop Me Now -- Queen




No comments:

Post a Comment