Sunday 3 October 2021

Day 8 - 275 -- Heat and Hurt

A cooler day followed the single digit lows overnight. The time for an extra quilt or blanket has arrived. I'm not ready to put the full duvet on the bed yet, but a slightly heavier quilt or blanket will do the job for now. A recent social media conversation with friends and family discussed when to turn the heat on in the house. Most people hold out for as long as possible. I understand this desire. and do wait as long as I can. It begins with heating the bathroom when having a shower or bath. I have baseboard electric heaters so each room is independently controlled. The first room to be heated is the bathroom before a shower or bath. Other rooms wait for a bit. Sunny days help heat the house, but October holds many cloudy days, so I can't depend on solar loading.  

The migraine is still present. The fatigue and soreness can be challenging. I dislike the fogginess of thought and the fatigue that makes doing planned activities unlikely. Things generally last for 3-7 days, so we are close to the lower end of this, so perhaps symptoms will begin to dissipate in the coming few days. So -- the needed vacuuming and floor washing isn't getting done this weekend. Neither is cooking getting done as planned, particularly due to a combination of fatigue and nausea. I did make a better breakfast today than yesterday, which could be a good sign. We'll see. <smile> 

Pondering solutions to the headache and keeping warm I thought of dancing. Sadly, the fatigue makes that a bit of a challenge. If it was a bit slower, I might manage a bit <smile>. I found a song that I've heard many artists cover and this one felt a slight bit slower than others. It also has great guitar work from a stellar artist. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dancing in the Street -- Van Halen 



No comments:

Post a Comment