Wednesday 6 October 2021

Day 8 - 278 -- Colours and Dreams

Today was another sunny, warmish fall day. The quality of the light is different now -- more yellow tones present. I was able to enjoy the sun when out for a short walk to do an errand and then while I was doing the grocery shopping at the two stores in town. The lack of wind made the warmth of the sun delightful.  tomorrow is to be similar to today in temperature. I have a walk with a friend planned to enjoy this weather as we can.  

Leaves have just begun to turn here. The Thanksgiving weekend is generally close to peak colour viewing. Things are a couple of weeks behind. I expect the leaves in my yard will be later dropping, too. I like this, as long as the wintery weather doesn't arrive until a couple of weeks later, too. Otherwise, we are unlikely to get them all raked and removed. Believe me, shoveling snow with a layer of frozen leaves underneath is wicked hard. I also hope that leaves will be visible for a while and that no major wind storms interfere with enjoying the colours. The variety of reds and pinks is amazing. I often have wished that I could get material woven in the colours and pattern of the forest just outside of town during peak colour time. I would use it to upholster the love seat and chair in the living room. I've spoken to weavers who assure me this would be nearly impossible given the variety of thread shades necessary. But, hey, I can dream, right? <smile>

I thought of a song about dreams -- one I've used here before a few times. I love the album cover art for this one -- shows dream state in a visual way. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The River of Dreams -- Billy Joel




No comments:

Post a Comment