Friday 29 October 2021

Day 8 - 301 -- Relaxing Ways

The week ended with a fantastic sunny fall day. There was next to no wind, full sun and clear blue sky. I even saw a jet contrail. these have been scarce for so long, that it is exciting to see one. I went for an early walk to help with some stress release. It was cool, but the sun helped me feel warm. When I got back to the house, I felt the need to go for a drive and just 'get away' for a short while. When thinking of this action, I couldn't recall when I had spontaneously gone for a drive. I first thought it was before the pandemic, but I don't think I've done this with the current vehicle. I bought that in December 2019. Wow! No wonder it felt a little freeing. The fall colours were far less stunning than they would have been a week or two ago, but the sunshine on the golden leaves did intensify the pigments.  Lakes and ponds along the drive were glass-like and reflected everything around them like mirrors.  The strait was fairly calm with only small wave action. A perfect day for finding some moments of peace. 

Other than my wandering about, I did get some things done. I leave the car for repair next week (from the damage when someone backed out of a parking space into me as I entered the lot). I spoke with the rental company to ensure that the vehicle I get is manageable and not the size of a small bus like the last time I did this <smile>.With the cost of gas right now, that would be crazy to refill. <shudder>  I also made an appointment for next week to update some documents and work on new ones. At the end of the afternoon, I had two conversations with two friends in our weekly catch up meetings. Being more centred helped with these conversations, too. <smile> 

A simple song is shared tonight. The lyrics are soothing and the music and rhythm feels positive. I'm not sure I've used this artist in past blogs -- maybe once, but I can't be sure. At over 2850 posts, it takes a bit to wade through them all <grin>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Three Little Birds -- Bob Marley and the Wailers



No comments:

Post a Comment