Wednesday 27 October 2021

Day 8 - 297 -- Cross-Species Communicating

It was cooler again today requiring thin gloves during the afternoon walk. That may be an indication of where we are heading, though I'm not sure I want to acknowledge that seasonal change. Whether I do or not, the change will come. 

On my walk I met a dog. As a dog and owner turned onto the sidewalk in front of me, the dog looked me in the eye and then turned back to walk with person, only to stop and turn back to look at me again. The dog then walked over to me when I greeted it -- and the walker let out the lead a bit more. When we finished our short greeting, I looked up at the person who was grinning. I noticed then that I was, too. As I walked along, ahead of them now, I realized that such meetings often come just when I need something cheery to steer me away from the glum thoughts filling my head. Animals have often shown up to greet me as I walk along deep in thought throughout my life. They appear like little angels out of nowhere, just when I require uplifting. 

Cool how a smile, even from an animal, can be contagious. A couple of lines from an old song came to mind with the day's ponderings. I chose a version by a famous female singer. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

When You're Smiling -- Billie Holiday



 



No comments:

Post a Comment