Tuesday 18 April 2023

10-101 (11/4/23) -- Heading Home

Today was a long travel day. The one layover was over 3 hours. While dreading this time cooped up in an airport, it turned out quite well. Doing customs in the connecting passenger area meant there were only about a dozen of us in line. This was unprecidented! I got some lunch and sat people watching. Thee were far fewer people around than one would have found pre-COVID. We've been told that more people are traveling now than befor the pandemic, but this was not evident today. Once back in the province, I had a 2+ hour drive home. The day was very warm and sunny on return. In fact it was 20C at 4:30PM. Once on the outskirts of town, I stopped at the grocery store to get some fresh produce and dairy since I'd left the fridge quite bare. I arrived back at the house just after 8PM. 

Given the 14 hours in transit, I was a bit befuddled and chose to make a sandwich and chai, have a shower and crawl into bed.  I heard lines from a song as I traveled along today. Saying good bye is always a challenge as is being far apart. This song notes the road home to a place might be OK. Being home to a person would be cooler, though. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Take me Home Country Roads -- John Denver




No comments:

Post a Comment