Monday 17 April 2023

10-98(8/4/23) -- Rainy Day

It was another rainy cold day. It seemed reasonable to use the oven to bake some things for upcoming meals. We decided to let the main dish sit in the fridge until tomorrow so the flavours would meld well. So we headed out for a lovely dinner. It poured all evening and as people entered the restaurant there was a nasty blast of cold air accompanying them. Many puddles greeted us as we exited after dinner. The main courses were delightful but the desserts -- we shared -- were amazing. We got creme brulee and key lime pie. The latter used an animal cracker crust -- something new to me. It would work very well in recipes since I dislike chocolate and graham cracker crust is great, but this newer (to me) crust would be a great alternative. 

The pouring rain brought with it the risk of flooding for several rivers. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Given the intensity of the rain the local creeks and such will be flowing more briskly than usual, I expect. 

I find a rainy night calming. I like the sound of the rain against the roof and windows. It helps sleep arrive. So, I'm hoping for a good sleep tonight. The song that came to mind today deals with these feelings. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Love a Rainy Night -- Eddie Rabbitt





No comments:

Post a Comment