Tuesday 18 April 2023

10-107 (17/4/23) -- Crazy Start to Week

Another grey overcast day with cool easterly winds started the week. Rain is expected overnight and tomorrow. I headed out to a meeting and then spent some time getting a few grocery items. Some things are still at the store since I refuse to pay the crazy new prices. I'll have to get them eventually, but until I fully run out I will keep an eye on prices and hope for a sale. 

When clearing some paper work for the recycling pickup this week, the shredder jammed big time. I did everything they recommend to clear it to no avail. I then tried to pull out what bits of paper I could grasp with tweezers, again to no avail. So. I think it is toast. <sigh> Luckily, a couple of years ago, the now useless shredder was acting up, so I bought another one. Today, I unpacked it for the first time and finished the shredding task with the new cross-cutting machine. I guess that is one less thing that I'd need to pay to replace. 

Getting things into the blue recycling bags felt good. I don't put these out every pickup week, but only when the bags are full. If I'm going to be required to use yet another plastic bag, I want it to be full. So, this trip to the curb generally happens once a month insttead of the twice monthly that they gather this debris from  the curb. 

I chose a song that fit the day -- lots happening and still much left undone. The version shared is from the songwriter not the group that made it a hit. I like the different pacing and production of this demo-like version. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Manic Monday -- Prince




No comments:

Post a Comment