Thursday 6 April 2023

10-88 (29/3/233) -- Altering Mindset

I had an early start to the long travel day. I checked in at the kiosk with the help of a wonderful agent. I managed to get a quick breakfast prior to the boarding time. The second flight left from a major airport with a very long journey from the arrival gate to the departure area. It took 15+ minutes to get to the area for international security and customs. After these formalities, It took another 8-10 minutes to get to the gate. Even though late arriving, there was still an hour left before boarding time. For the second flight, we took a trip outside to board the teeny tiny plane. We were forced to sky check bags since only one side of the plane had overhead bins and these were smaller than needed for the larger carry-on pieces. This plane was obviously designed before the increased trend to go with carry on only. The third and final flight left from a larger airport that required changing terminals -- another lengthy journey through airports. Despite being a bit late leaving, we arrived on time. It was great to see my dear friend waiting there. It has been a long time between visits. 

I met some helpful people today that worked for the airlines. I'll admit this was unexpected. These folks renewed my faith in people who enjoy what they are doing and enjoy helping people. This made me think of the need to look for the positives rather than expecting the worst. I will need to work on this mindset more, I think. 

A song chorus came to mind that helped me to smile. The version I wanted was from a movie, but I couldn't find it so I settled for this version. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life -- Art Garfunkel 



No comments:

Post a Comment