Thursday 6 April 2023

10-90 (31/3/23) -- Forest Walk

A highlight of the day was a lovely walk in a protected forest area that focuses on ecological education about the area. I marveled at the peaceful and quiet nature of the pathways, knowing that a new subdivision and major roadways run along the edge of the protected area -- after all we arrived by road <smile>. I loved the labeling of trees and facts about the soil in which various species grew and which trees grow well side by side. 

Into the evening, we went out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I loved the chicken and shrimp fajitas that came with fresh guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce and refried beans. It was all so delicious. By the time we got home, I was tired. Mom always said fresh air wore you out -- I expect it is because kids play more robustly when outside. <smile> 

I chose a song about growing up in the forest by a well known singer-songwriter. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Copperline -- James Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment