Saturday 22 April 2023

10-111 (21/4/23) -- A New Vantage Point

As we headed into the weekend, we had some great blue sky moments between the white puffy clouds. At least i was less grey than yesterday, but not much warmer feeling. 

I had a physio appointment later in the day. While doing having some heat treatment, I listened to the restful music. Generally he plays celtic folk genre tunes, but today it was something with a country take. One song sounded vaguely familiar and then I realized it was a country star singing a countrified version of a song known in a rock format. Interesting. I suppose this was the universe reminding me that one can see (or hear) the same message from different points of view and possibly learn somethng new from another perspective. Hmmm. 

Hearing this new to me version of a song got me hunting up the origin and history of the tune. It was first recorded by an early rock and roll duo, The Everly Brothers. Fourteen years later it was recorded by Nazareth, a hard rock band that had the most successful release. It has been covered by many musicians including Roy Orbison, Emmylou Harris, Heart, Joan Jett, The Who, a duet by Norah Jones and Keith Richards (uncomfortable moments when watching that one) and even a bluegrass version. I include the somethng close to the version I heard today since it jolted me a bit and got me digging into the lengthy legacy of this song. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Love Hurts --  Emmylou Harris



No comments:

Post a Comment