Saturday 22 April 2023

10-108 (18/4/23) -- Need to Hide?

It was a colder rainy day again -- a regular spring transition weather pattern. I was indoors most of the day working on paying bills and making some appointments for the next couple of weeks.  One utilty bill required a phone call to ask for a credit for one extra item included in error. I asked how it would have been added and was told that it had to be added from my end. Believe me, I didn't do this. <sigh> I'm tired of this company blaming me for anything that goes wrong with their billing processes. 

On days like this, I often think that it would be nice to have an assistant to help with all the things that need to be done day to day. Sometimes they can become so overwhelming. Smaller things like basic housework, making appointments, sitting on hold when trying to get in touch with company representatives, filing household papers -- these can sit undone for a long time while larger things are being done. Eventually the smaller bits become huge and we have to get the winter tires changed or taxes completed and filed. <sigh> Don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for my whole adult life without any major issues. There are just days when I don't want to have to contend with it all. <smile> Perhaps this is why I can be rather good at ignoring things -- one of the ways that I handle anxiety. Not a great management strategy, but it has been with me forever. <sigh> Ignoring things is a way to hide from it all. Some days being able to be alone to refocus is just what we need to recharge a bit. 

A line from a song says what I've thought about hiding from things -- "I could hide in a crack in the road".  The title also speaks to how mixed up one can feel some days especially when a pile of tasks seems poised to fall and bury us. <smile> All this and the lyrics deal with food and after all, "Food is My Life [TM]". Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Milkshake -- Peter Tork ft.backup vocals by Micky Dolenz and Mike Nesmith




No comments:

Post a Comment