Thursday 1 February 2024

11-32 (1/2/23) -- Ups and Downs

The morning began with wonderful sunshine. By noon, most of the sky was covered in clouds. This was to be a cloudy afternoon with sunny breaks, but there were no breaks. <sigh> My mood altered as the greyness settled in again. I ran a couple of errands and had a meeting, but as the afternoon wore on, I felt less enthusiastic about the outing. When I got home, I had a great visit with a friend. We started having a weekly check-in during the isolation of COVID and have continued. Some days we meet in person, but during the winter going for a walk together is less enticing and more plain 'icing'. I found my mood improved as we chatted today.  

An order made Sunday evening arrived on the doorstep this afternoon. It always says that the order will take 10 working days, but they didn't get it until Monday, and that and Tuesday were not great travel days. Today is Thursday, so it only took four work days. That is cool and very good service. I had picked up a number of things yesterday to help get through the next week as we ran out of one ordered item this morning. So, now I have an extra stash of stuff. <smile> So two predictions were different than expected today -- the lack of sunny breaks and the early arrival of an online order. That made me think of the ups and downs of life. Firstly it is unpredictable. We make plans that may or may not turn out as planned. Some turn out better than expected, while others done quite measure up to expectations. Managing those expectations can be challenging. Some degree of hope and forward planning may help us move through life rather than stagnating. 

The title line of a song ran through my mind today. It seemed to fit well with the pondering of ups and downs along the journey. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Stop Believin' -- Journey 



No comments:

Post a Comment