Tuesday 13 February 2024

11-43 (12/2/24) -- Returning to Normal?

The day was mainly cloudy with a few sunny breaks in the afternoon. I headed out to do the many errands that got left behind after the huge snow storm a week ago. Roads are clear but there are still areas where the piles at the side of the road are too high to allow clear view of oncoming traffic when entering a roadway. I got to both grocery stores, a bakery, pet food store, and hardware store. There were still a few items that either weren't available or had a price above what I'm willing to pay. I managed to acquire most items, though. I even got some mail as the snow pile was cleared so that the postman could get into the community mail box. Some needed items arrived while others were marketing leaflets that went straight to the recycle bin. <smile> The shopping and mail made things feel as if they are returning to a more usual rhythm. 

Today is Lundi Gras -- a New Orleans day where krews present mardi gras kings and queens -- much like tomorrow, only smaller. I generally serve Lundi beans (red beans and rice traditionally made on Monday wash days). This year, I just didn't get a batch made. I hope to get something different made for tomorrow; it will depend on timing and the dreaded list of 'have to do' tasks. 

The selection today addresses the feeling of normalcy after the disruption of the major storm. The upbeat tune and lyrics are from a Canadian band that was at its height over two decades ago. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Ordinary Day -- Great Big Sea


 

No comments:

Post a Comment