Wednesday 21 February 2024

11-52 (21/2/24) -- Price Watching

We had very bright sun for most of the day. Freezing temperatures began the day -- -21C (-6F) and rose to -6 C (21F) by early afternoon. Very little wind was present, so it felt warmer today. After an online meeting, I spent the rest of the afternoon getting groceries. 

Grocery prices still sting. Overall, prices were to have slowed the rate of increase on many items and reduced overall costs in December. It must be a small decrease -- well based on my anecdotal evidence <smile>. I still find produce fairly high, but dairy has been dropping -- often in sales as well as regular prices. Animal protein products seem to have stayed the same for a while now. I keep waiting for these to drop from $20/lb for what have been the the inexpensive products. <sigh> 

Lines from a few songs came to mind today. I chose this one to share here today because it made me smile. It has been covered by several artists, but I share the one that made the biggest impression on me many years ago. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Money (That's What I Want) -- The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment