Thursday 15 February 2024

11-45 (14/2/24) -- Nor'easter

More snow out the window today <sigh> Winds blew it around and sculpted it into drifts on roofs and around cars. I felt so defeated having to re-shovel areas that I'd cleared already from the last storm -- like only yesterday. . Granted they were small areas, but it is still frustrating to do it all over again. The existing snow banks now have a new layer of snow on top of the frozen slushy stuff. The patio is impassable again. 

Offices closed today to allow cleanup. Campus closes for a half day again, too. I spent a while canceling and rebooking appointments and meetings for tomorrow. It looks like more snow is headed this way in a second system from the west and potential onshore flurries from winds of the departing nor'easter. So, I'm not planning to go anywhere. I did walk to the mailbox, only to find that the street plows had access blocked -- again. So, the mailman couldn't even get in to put things in the group box. Maybe tomorrow, but I'd not put money on that. Other boxes are dug out but this one is always blocked for a longer time. <sigh> I've been expecting a couple of documents and some personal things in the mail, so would like to get to the box to check for the items. <sigh> Of course this means the letter carrier has to get the box first. 

Today was Valentine's day. I had a fun evening with a dear friend. We cooked a great curry for dinner accompanied by a favourite wine. That commensality reduced the sting of the ongoing yucky weather. 

The song chosen for today came to mind as I was standing in front of a pile of snow taller than me when out for my walk today. It gave me a smile.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Please Mr. Postman -- The Beatles







No comments:

Post a Comment