Wednesday 7 February 2024

11-37 (6/2/24) -- Country Music Loss

This morning the plow- snow blower worked to open up the driveway and provide access to the street. This moved the snow drifts behind my car and left the one in the middle of the two car driveway. I shoveled for two hours to clear the main drift on one side of the car. Then I worked to move snow and ice from  around the car and clear the packed snow under the car and in the wheel wells. Two women came by to make sure the front door was cleared of snow. I had done that on my way out today <smile>. The work with gardeners and yard care in the summer and clear the doorways in the winter. We had a good chat and then each got back to moving the unending piles of snow. 

There is a sense that things will eventually allow us usual access to grocery stores, health care and seeing friends. I'm not sure I'd call it full on hope at this point, but we may be moving in the right direction. One small step at a time. 

In other news, I heard on the morning news that singer-songwriter Toby Keith died today. His had a deep,  identifiable voice. His songs ranged from rousing drinking songs to love songs. Over his career, he had 20 number one hits and over 40 songs in the top ten. One of my favourites has been used in this blog in the past, but I will share it again today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Cryin' for Me -- Toby Keith 




No comments:

Post a Comment