Thursday 29 February 2024

11-57 (26/2/24) -- Zippers & Feelings

The zipper on my winter coat is not outlasting the coat. In a failed effort to hold it all together, the metal teeth are separating from the cloth part of the zipper. Now this is for a parka that ends just above the knee, so it is a long zipper -- not one easily found in the dry goods part of the department store on Main. I have a lead on a potential seamstress who replaces such zippers. We'll see if she is still in business. 

When explaining this to  someone today, I said that the zipper was having difficulty holding it all together -- not unlike me. We laughed as I said, "there's the blog today." They come to me in odd moments. I liked the metaphorical nature of the zipper. Most is still working and it isn't visible to others that there is a separated part not working. Again, much as I feel these days. I'm working on both me and the zipper. <smile>. 

The chorus of a song seemed to fit my pondering about hanging onto things -- my feelings or zipper teeth. <grin> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Hang on Sloopy -- The McCoys




No comments:

Post a Comment