Wednesday 7 February 2024

11-38 (7/2/24) -- Surreal Walk

I moved what was left of the drift in the middle of the driveway after the plow-snow blower moved most of it this morning. I then went for a walk. The roads are cleared to about a single lane. If one were to meet an oncoming vehicle, someone would have to back up and maybe get into an open driveway. When walking it was touch and go as I scurried to a driveway each time a car needed the road.  At the end of the street connecting my street and the one behind us to the great beyond, the next road hadn't been cleared to the pavement like ours were. Not sure why, but it wasn't very walkable as there were great patches of packed snow from a plow blade. These were extremely slippery. So, I just turned around and headed back the way I came. The stop signs are buried to the bottom of the actual sign, as are street name signs. These were in piles of snow left by the street plows. Other large piles at the sides of the roads are from the plows but have been expanded by the snow blower that mostly cleared the huge drifts in the driveways. The piles will need to be moved away, but that will take a while. Given that the roads within the subdivision are not great, I don't plan to drive anywhere any time soon. When necessary to leave, I will call a taxi and hope some are out and operational. Otherwise, appointments may need to be virtual. The feeling of isolation is palpable. 

The walk was so surreal. It brought the sound of a song to mind -- one from the psychedelic era. I love the lyrics -- so poetic, metaphorical and surreal. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Daily Nightly -- The Monkees 




No comments:

Post a Comment