Saturday 12 April 2014

Day 102 -- Time to Regroup

Saturday -- not as productive as I'd hoped. Some laundry done and one small report written to submit next week. The larger report was a lost cause today -- actually, I was the lost cause. Got myself all confused with the details and then likely confused many others unnecessarily. That made me think that I needed to sit and listen to some soothing tunes and pull myself back together <smile>.

Today's selection came from that bit of time listening to slower paced, calmer music for a bit. It did help me and the words of this one seemed to speak to me and my confused condition. There is that need inside all of us to go to the 'happy place' every once in a while and just still the mind. It is a way of escaping the clutter that we encounter from within and without. The video for this one depicts this particularly well, I think. The song is another written by Carole King -- as I look back over songs I've chosen to share for this blog, there have been several with her hand in the writing -- a truly prolific songwriter. Enjoy!

As we go along -- The Monkees


No comments:

Post a Comment