Tuesday 29 April 2014

Day 118 - relaxing after a busy day

Today was a day with other meetings -- we got through most items and I'm now realizing the work that will be done over the next month.  There are people to help with the process and ideas, so I'm not standing out there on my own -- more of the collaboration that I've talked about before. 

We went out shopping for bit, walking and talking, which led us to heading out for supper. Had a wonderful pad thai that they added some heat to for me -- I like to feel my food and not just have a hint of chili spicing. It went perfectly with the shiraz, bringing out some of the fruit and spice notes in the wine very well. Conversation was delightful and I now have a couple of new books on my 'to read' list. I did buy a new one -- a cookbook by Judith Jones, the former food editor for Knopf, titled The Pleasures of Cooking for One. She has annotated the recipes which are based on the cooking of many famous chefs. I look forward to reading through that and trying some new concoctions in my kitchen.

A number of songs came to mind throughout the day, and taking time to visit and shop and go out to dinner was relaxing. This reminded me of a line from a song about crossing things off the 'to do' list. Sure, I could have stayed in and done more work, but the time spent with colleagues added much more to my appreciation of the day. This song uses a twist on a common phrase to say this very thing. Enjoy!

Time Well Wasted -- Brad Paisley

No comments:

Post a Comment