Monday 28 April 2014

Day 117 - working together

A full day of meeting today -- but things went very well with good progress made. I realized again today that this group is not only fellow professionals but many are good friends. It is refreshing to see this and the commitment to the tasks required is amazing. There is true passion involved there.

These aren't things that are seen in all groups that meet regularly to work through an agenda. I believe it is special and something that one is priviledged to be a part of. It makes the work go by without the feeling of drudgery -- that is a gift that I think each member of the group gives to each other member. I've seen this only in some of the working groups I've been part of -- it is not a given.

A line from a song ran around in my brain as I reflected on the work of the day. The feeling I came away with was one of energy rather than feeling drained of every bit of effort I could muster -- something that has happened with other groups or even other tasks throughout my career. The upbeat rhythms reflected my feelings on the process today. Enjoy!

For the Longest Time -- Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment