Monday 7 April 2014

Day 97 -- rolling with the punches

It was a day of challenges. I promised a report that was completed on time and another that was promised today won't get out until tomorrow, unless I stay up later than my cold-addled brain will allow. I organized things for a major event tomorrow -- took time I didn't really have, but that was the new deadline.

I completed a large project, but it seems to have legs <smile>. While completing this one, I heard a song I hadn't heard in years. It fit the sunny weather and my pleasure at finishing this task, even though it will revisit me a few times before really being done. As I reflected on the early feedback on the project, I came to realize that the main chorus and title of that song fit my way of thinking today, too. I have finished this project and while I can answer questions, there is no need to redo the thing. As a colleague said to a group once, "That's not how I roll." <gg> So -- this is me asserting my ability to do what is necessary and draw a line when it doesn't make everyone happy. That wasn't the goal, after all. Not that I don't want to see people happy, but some folks choose to find things external to themselves to lay all their angst upon. And, that is not my fault. Right? <smile>

So -- a Canadian from Winnipeg will sing us out today. Enjoy!

My own way to rock -- Burton Cummings




No comments:

Post a Comment