Thursday 24 April 2014

Day 114 - Impositions

Today was filled with small accomplishments and several moments that made me stop and shake my head wondering what the heck was going on around me.  A couple of these created minor panics that meant I needed to get more of the back story before being able to understand the best path for moving forward. This meant that several items that need to be done now will have to wait until tomorrow.

It is frustrating when something interferes with me meeting a deadline, even one I set for myself. External impositions are beyond my control of course, but they require imposing on someone else's schedule for me to solve the problem and move the item off my desk. When problems arrive without adequate explanation, searching for someone who can clarify the issue takes time. The emotions involved in the process are many -- with little of this being positive. There are times when this introvert is overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information being fired in my direction -- I need time to process and contextualize. Not days -- but time without further intrusions would be useful. Some days simply do not allow this to occur as a second issue arrives before the first is even partly understood. Thankfully, I have a number of people who can help clarify requests if it cannot be the request originator. These people instantly can make me relax and laugh about the situation while helping to see directions that I could pursue. It takes just a few minutes -- and the world changes. Interesting.

This song ran through my head today. I find the melody calming, the lyrics nostalgic. It speaks to a loss of dreams and goals unmet. Yet, I never feel it is totally empty, for these things can be replaced as we grow and develop as individuals. The original version is great, but this cover has a different tone and emphasis to me, likely due to the amazing female voice. Enjoy!

Sad Cafe -- Lorrie Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment