Friday 4 April 2014

Day 94 -- an end and a beginning

Today was the last day of classes for the academic year. Exams begin next week. The work is not over, but the rhythm changes when the regularity of class time is absent. The coming month will be filled with bags of grading and piles of reports to generate. Yet, this begins the transition to a different pace of work and life for a few months.

In another beginning, our local itinerant pizza oven is back after the winter break. The owner makes fantastic thin crust pizza (Neapolitan style) cooked in a wood-fired brick oven (mounted on a trailer to be mobile). We had a pot luck department dinner tonight and I took pizza -- a Greek veggie and a searing Thai chili salsa verde with Wild mushroom. This fit well with the other items brought for dinner -- tasty lasagna, stellar spinach pie, yummy bruschetta, a gorgeous pavlova and even some white chocolate Lindt eggs <smile>. It was fun and relaxing to be away from the piles of papers. And as I may have mentioned before, Food is my Life [tm] <g>.

So -- when I was walking to the pizza oven today, one song ran through my mind and it made me laugh out loud. There are a number of covers of this song, but this singer is the one that I always hear in my head when this song floats through. Enjoy!

That's Amore -- Dean Martin



2 comments:

  1. LINDT MAKES A WHITE CHOCOLATE EGG??? Oh well, good thing I'm not a gigantic fan of white chocolate but it would be a nice change from my usual Cadbury caramel eggs :) I'll have to look for these at my local store. And I *love* wood fired pizza, there's a place about three minutes from my house that makes a fabulous pizza and they use *real* mozz on it. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is great to have good food close at hand, eh? Ours is organic and local -- very cool -- and not too much of any topping -- just enough each time. And the eggs are worth hunting for

      Delete