Saturday 5 April 2014

Day 95 -- still behind schedule

Slept in today and have been moving very slowly. This head cold is settling into the sinuses and I'd rather just sleep, if I could. Did some usual laundry chores, but the floor still needs sweeping (which reminded me of today's selection -- but more of that later).

I worked at grading term assignments and read more slowly that usual and much more slowly than I'd hoped. Only half of them were finished today. These are due back to students on Monday. It is weekends like this that make me feel that I'm missing something that everyone else has -- time to do things and time to do nothing. As I've noted the end of term is a very frenetic time for everyone involved. It seems to be a merry-go-round that won't stop to let me off -- and may explain the headache and dizziness today <smile>.

As well, family are gathering back home today and I am thousands of kilometres east of there. Phone calls can help, but it still isn't the same as being there with them.

So -- back to the song. Several lines come to mind today, but I'll let you discover ones of your own or ones that you think fit my mood. One of my favourite versions is still the one by the songwriter himself, but this later cover is intriguing with the interesting mix of talents and styles. Enjoy!

While my guitar gently weeps -- Santana with Indie Arie and Yo-Yo Ma


No comments:

Post a Comment