Monday 14 April 2014

Day 104 -- missing the day

Piles of work and constant questions from others resulted in little being completed on my 'to do' list today. Don't get me wrong here, I did get things done and things that are my responsibility to complete. I just had hoped to get to the larger project. The day ended with me and the copy machine at odds, and late in the day so all the experts at paper jams had had the sense to go home. For each page it pumped out, it was jamming three. It finally deigned to request paper refilling, which did solve the issue and got me out of the building. During one particularly difficult attempt to find the jammed paper, someone behind me said 'hello -- how are you?". I turned and said, 'Hello" and launched into a few sentences about my ongoing issues with technology. I suddenly stopped and looked at her and said, "Oh, my -- How are you doing?" We both laughed and as she left the building, I noted the sunshine outside and promised to get out into it before it went away for the day.

I can get so frustrated with myself when it becomes "all about me" when someone enters the vortex that I'm spinning into. I generally catch myself early in the conversation and feel somewhat disappointed in me and a bit embarrassed. The wonderful smile on my colleague's face and the sunshine helped pull me back into a sane place today. I had felt like I wasn't getting anywhere as I wasn't where I had planned to be. Why can't I learn to accept that I am generally where I am supposed to be? <smile>  Instead I feel like I'm stuck or simply running like a gerbil on a wheel and getting nowhere. That thought brought a song to mind (imagine! <grin>). This selection deals with the 'going no where' feelings and the 'get out in the sun' feelings. Enjoy!

Beautiful Day -- U2



No comments:

Post a Comment