Sunday 2 November 2014

Day 306 -- All souls day

Time change makes such a difference. I knew that we'd moved an hour and yet when working on a time sensitive document, I was worried when I looked at the clock and thought I had 30 minutes to deadline. In actuality, I had 90 minutes. <smile>  Needless to say all went as it should, and I 'found' that mythical extra hour. All this reminded me of flying back from Asia where we left at noon and arrived in Vancouver at 6 AM on the same day.  What does that do for aging, I wonder <smile>?

The weather here consists of pouring rain and climbing temperatures.There was a loud thunder storm late this afternoon. It will be much cooler tomorrow. Looking at the snow out west, I'm not going to complain about the rain.  There are major pools of water collecting in depressions in the yard and around the neighbourhood. This is definitely rubber boot weather.

The selection for today deals with the final day of the hallowmas season, All Soul's Day. The lyrics have a very Celtic feel. The singer has a wonderful soprano voice and the musical arrangement is delightful. Enjoy!

All Souls Night -- Loreena McKennitt


No comments:

Post a Comment