Saturday 22 November 2014

Day 326 -- sunshine and shovelling

Saturday began with the need to shovel 6-8 cm of snow. I recall they forecast about 1 cm. <sigh>. With that much snow down and temperature rising with possibility of rain, this needed to be moved or it would have turned to a slippery mess. The sun shone while I shovelled making it more manageable. It still seems too early to begin this sort of activity.

Grading papers is completed for the next couple of days. I also got lectures for next week completed and now only need to put together the exam review and course wrap up for December 1 and 2.  Then I should have time to do some of the neglected housework and plan a bit for the remaining Christmas shopping. Even though busy this weekend, it feels less stress-filled compared to the past two weeks. I do realize the crazy binge grading of finals will arrive before I'm ready for it, but in the meantime things feel a bit better.

A song selected for Day 101 fits today, too. It is one that I love and it always makes me smile or laugh. Lyrics are about the need to escape a less than perfect situation -- and it bears striking resemblance to my life at this time of year. Have a listen from the archives. For today I chose a song about the sunshine. The lyrics deal with warmer weather, but they do reflect the enjoyment of being in the sun -- even if I was shovelling frozen stuff. This Canadian band has been singing together for 45 years -- still having fun by the looks of things. Enjoy!

Sunny Days -- Lighthouse


No comments:

Post a Comment