Saturday 15 November 2014

Day 319 -- Different colour out the window

First look outside today showed what I'd feared -- a covering of white on everything. Daytime high temperatures barely made it to the freezing point. It was a quick  but chilly walk out for milk. <shiver> I guess it really is time to pull out the winter gear and make sure it is all ready to go.

The rest of the day went without major excitement -- grading papers, making quizzes, and doing laundry. Wow, eh?  Neck is still sore and it makes me feel very tired dealing with the constant 'owiness.' At least the outdoors didn't beckon loudly. I chose not to push the stuff off the porch in hopes that nature and the warmer temps expected early in the week will move it for me. <smile>

So, in honour of the arrival of the 's' word, I'm sharing the first song that came to mind as I looked out the kitchen window today. Several covers have been made for this one, but I still enjoy the original. Enjoy!

Whiter Shade of Pale -- Procol Harem


No comments:

Post a Comment