Wednesday 5 November 2014

Day 309 -- Struggle to be less confined

Today, I finally got to do a bit of shopping for groceries and some household items. I still need to do the shopping for winter items and get things prepared for the winter season. That may be another few weeks before time frees up to do it all. The afternoon was a bit warmer than this morning but still very grey skies. Rumour has it the sun will shine tomorrow.

I tend to be a non-conformist, liking things not piled up inside neat little boxes, but more in an organic or amorphous format. Yet, having a bit of a routine that allows time to run errands can be helpful. Little conflicted me <grin>. Some people stick to a rigid routine that means spontaneity is impossible, but everything else has its time and place. There are times that last minute plans don't fit for me -- when tired I do need a bit of time to adjust. But, it isn't always a definite 'no' as it is for some people. I am working on finding a way to react more positively while I take a few minutes to determine if a change in plans will fit into my day. Being mindful of the needs of an introvert and not giving in to 'the feeling pressured to make an instant decision' will help.  Again, successes appear more on days when I am less fatigued or already overwhelmed by other events. I try to ask when a response is required or ask if I can get back to people once I get through the current item that was interrupted to ask if I could add something new to the mix. Many days this is working better, but there's always one of those off days to keep me humble. <smile>

The song I had thought of for today fits with my desire to be less regimented in how I do and what I do. I laughed when I realized that today was also Guy Fawkes Day (from the Gunpowder Plot of the beginning of the 17th century). So, the song seems to have a bit of meaning for this historical day, as well.  This is sung by one of my favourite country artists -- a true poet and philosopher.  Pardon the subtitles in this video but it was the only one of reasonable quality. Enjoy!

Standing Outside the Fire -- Garth Brooks




No comments:

Post a Comment