Monday 24 November 2014

Day 328 -- Walking Memory Lane

Today an email message told me about a reunion attended by two colleagues. I found myself thinking of events from my first foray at university -- the people, classes, life events all flooded back from the long term storage to be played out again in my mind.  It was an interesting time as it is for anyone away from home for the first time and learning who one is or wants to be. It was delightful to revisit. I will admit to thinking about this and other things when grocery shopping -- to the point that I turned around after filling a bag of tomatoes and walked off with someone else's cart. Now that was embarrassing <sigh>. Definitely a first for me <smile>.

Recalling events can often result in a bit of revisionist history <smile>, but I did note the less than stellar parts of the undergrad years but did not dwell. There were many happy and exciting memories to spend bits of time on today. I still find doing the math hard to believe -- anything over 10 years seems to be unbelievable, I've found. How could it be so much time passes and I'm not sure I feel much different in some ways. I believe some of my older friends and my parents told me this was the way things would unfold <grin>.

Naturally, I began to think of some of the music we listened to during those years. There were so many genres that I loved even then. I've chosen to share two songs that were in regular play. The first is from a female trio from Montreal. I always found their songs uplifting -- the beat and the melody. The second selection is from a male singer/songwriter with an amazing soulful way of singing (and writing lyrics). Each album contained some early techno funk within the larger arrangements.Enjoy!

It Always Happens this Way -- Toulouse



Still Falling for You -- Boz Scaggs


No comments:

Post a Comment