Friday 21 November 2014

Day 325 -- Thinking Warm Thoughts

Another long day, but a Friday <smile>.  As I left the building tonight I could hear some type of precipitation hitting my coat. I checked and it was snow not freezing rain this time, just a few flakes. I crossed the street and walked the length of a couple cars and the wind and snow picked up so that it was difficult to see through it all. I drove home in this and it stopped just as I got parked in the driveway. The snow did continue through the evening with a forecast of 1 cm and we now have 3-4 on the porch.

Last night we were blessed with freezing rain, but the salting trucks were out in force before the early drivers headed off to work. Thunder-snow happened tonight and they tell us that next week will bring above freezing temps and rain followed by mixed precipitation and snow. Needless to say, the memories of Hawaii seemed foremost in my mind today <smile>.

The song for today conjures images of palm trees and the tropics. This is an older song (like older than me <grin>) but has been covered by many amazing singers. Tonight I'll share the version from a favourite singer/songwriter that we haven't heard from for a while. Enjoy!

Begin the Beguine -- Michael Nesmith




No comments:

Post a Comment