Thursday 6 November 2014

Day 310 -- Repetition

Today began at the office with a notification that the software program I'd used to enter requested data (using the link in the request) doesn't actually work. I got no error messages yesterday in the hour it took me to find and enter all the bits of information needed.  Others seem to have had difficulties opening the program and some got error messages saying data had not been saved. For me, it opened and noted it was saving information, but no indication that it wasn't actually doing so. <sigh> So, I had to find the bits all over again and send it all in an e-mail <smile>.  Thus began a day of repetition.

Technology and I have been having run-ins all term. Things that should work or say they will work in a particular way, seem not to work for me. I sometimes feel like I'm turning into a luddite. I really enjoy newer technologies and would love to try them, having often been one of the innovators -- those people that try things before the early adopters choose to move things forward. <smile>. I will admit to having inadequate time to learn and re-learn as new iterations arrive on the scene. It has nothing to do with not wanting to keep up; there just isn't time in the current job environment where 50 hours/week can be a slow week. That is not a complaint, just the fact. I would like to move forward to newer devices, software upgrades and apps. I hope to be able to move in that direction soon before it is too late to catch up.

There really was only one song that would work for the tone set early today  It is from the psychadelic '60s, and the lyrics say it all. Love the singer, too. <smile>  Enjoy!

Long title: Do I have to this all over again? -- The Monkees (Peter Tork singing)


No comments:

Post a Comment