Saturday 15 November 2014

Day 318 -- Hall of Fame Memories

When I came back to my office between classes today, I smiled as I looked at the computer screen.The screen saver that scrolls through my pictures had kicked in while I was out. There on the screen were a pair of electric blue platform shoes -- a big block heal with a platform from toe to instep -- yeah, that older style of platform <smile>. So much that went through my mind was happy memories.

The shoes had belonged to Keith Moon, drummer with The Who way back when. The picture came home with me from a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 20 years back. During this trip I met a large number of my online friends. There at the RRHoF, we had a wonderful tour and had some photos taken of the group outside the I.M. Pei pyramid -- managing to draw a crowd in the process. Go figure! <grin> A smaller group of those friends are part of my daily life -- we have kept in touch, with some of us meeting at various venues over the years. Yet, that first trip can always bring a smile and even giggles. We did have a blast. Cleveland has never been the same, I'm sure.

As soon as I saw the shoes, there was a song in my head. This song is a tribute to the owner of the shoes. I've enjoyed this singer's style over the years, including forays into acting. This video is from the mid-80s and I'm unsure that the hairstyle is my fave <smile>. Enjoy!

Under a Raging Moon -- Roger Daltrey


No comments:

Post a Comment