Thursday 27 November 2014

Day 331 -- nearing the weekend

One more day and then the weekend. Even though there is much work carried into the weekend, it can often feel a bit less frenetic. It seems that these two days allow me to recharge somewhat, even if it may not be what everyone else does -- or what television leads us to believe is normative behaviour on weekends <smile>.  It is quite possible that this myth doesn't actually exist, but I  hear anecdotal data from colleagues that they go out and do 'stuff'  -- perhaps I should try to head out to Main Street on Saturday. Promotion for local business Saturday has hit social media -- right between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  Definitely something we should consider.

Thinking through the long tunnel that is end of term, led me to a song that reflects some of my thoughts well. Taking the lyrics as metaphor rather than literally, seems to fit much of how I (and most others on campuses across North America) feel at this time of year. The singer/songwriter is another of my favourites. The best video I could find comes packaged with a second song -- it doesn't fit today's topic, but it is a lovely bonus. Enjoy!

Much too Young (To Feel this Damn Old) -- Garth Brooks

(with If Tomorrow Never Comes)

No comments:

Post a Comment