Sunday 23 November 2014

Day 327 -- Calm beginning to the week

Today was a peaceful Sunday. We got some things done around the house and listened to a movie. It doesn't sound exciting to many, but this was a day that was a long time coming. <smile>  It was pleasant to be able to take things slow and not rush to pack in too many tasks.

I find it interesting that when some downtime arrives, that it seems like I do nothing. In reality, I do several things during the day, yet the pace is slower, so it seems like I did nothing. I wonder sometimes what type of preparation one needs for retirement if work years have been filled with such a crazy pace. Surely one can't just stop. How does one develop 'outside interests' to sustain the brain when workload doesn't really leave room for this? Hmmm.  I've been part of retirement seminars as the nutrition expert to help people understand the physiological and psychological changes that can affect food intake, but I never paid attention to the average weekly work hours of the workshop participants. In hindsight that might have been a good idea <smile>.

Today the selection deals with the feeling of calm that pervaded the day. Enjoy!

Peaceful Easy Feeling -- The Eagles


No comments:

Post a Comment