Sunday 30 November 2014

Day 334 -- Another Ending

It is the final day of November. How did that occur so quickly? The weather patterns continue with the transition into winter. It has been cold but the winds today are bringing warmer weather for one day. It is expected to dip down and pop up above freezing all week. Wearing the correct outerwear when leaving the house in the morning is a challenge, but I've not put away the lighter jackets and gloves.  I keep them close for the winter thaws <smile>. They give me hope just seeing them in the closet.

Endings bring mixed feelings. They also bring beginnings. Much as winter is not my favourite season -- temperatures I can deal with but I dislike major snow and ice that impede mobility -- I will not wish too strongly for spring. As my 98 year old friend says, "Don't wish your life away."  Sage advice that.  It is something that I think of often as I find myself in the midst of something objectionable that I just want to get through and move on to something more pleasant. Without those negative experiences in our lives, we would not be who we are. They teach us how to deal with adversity and can provide strength for future times of stress.  Wisdom can come from these situations, too. For these reasons, I often hear my friends words and I can smile -- at least on the inside -- and know that 'this too shall pass.'

The song for today is about endings. It was the last song on a major album and the last song collectively recorded by this group. The final phrase of the lyrics provides a positive outlook for something dealing with finishing of an activity. Enjoy!

The End -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment