Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 336 -- Sparkly things

While waiting for a delayed appointment today, I took some time to get groceries. All aisles and the overhead music indicate that the holiday season is upon us -- marketing in full force.  At least they had real recordings of songs and not the older musak style elevator tunes. Many of the product displays denote the holidays -- some more pleasing to the eye than others, of course <smile>.

It is always interesting to see the return of items that are only available during December and discover newer products designed for the holiday season.  I love wandering the decoration and stationery areas. Staring at the sparkly things sometimes can make me feel more relaxed.  I've always felt that way about the tree at home. At the end of the day, I love to sit in the dark with only the tree lights on. For some reason that I will not question, it can bring a moment of peace. The store window and inside displays have always been a source of joy. Today, the displays and some of the music helped me to recentre when I had to wait longer than expected for the appointment made last week. It got me from the "I could have been doing X,  Y and Z" to the "no worries" place in my head.

Coupling the bitter wind chill  and bits of snow in the air today with the holiday decorations at the stores and on the lamp posts led me to a wonderful song. There are many versions of this one that have been done over the years. The one shared today is a favourite. The tempo is a bit slower and less bouncy than others and the timbre of the singer is perfect. Enjoy!

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas -- Michael Buble


No comments:

Post a Comment