Saturday 6 December 2014

Day 340 -- A Wish for Peace

My treat to me today is to sit and watch the special on Bing Crosby on PBS.  I so love his voice and he reminds me of my childhood and my Dad. As a family we'd watch the Crosby family Christmas special every year. It was interesting as a child to see children growing and adults aging all within a musical environment.  One of my favourite Christmas movies is White Christmas (though Holiday Inn is pretty good, too). I found a CD of a Bing Crosby Christmas album that was in constant play in December in my childhood home.

There have been several health concerns with friends and family recently. Four have had surgery and are recovering. Two others have been through testing to try to pinpoint the cause of their distress.  They are in my thoughts often, even if I don't phone or type messages as often as I should. I wish them all peace to help them each deal with the daily banalities that lead to improvement.

Today's selection brings together peace and Bing Crosby -- imagine! <grin>.  This is one from a Christmas special years ago. It was an unexpected pairing when it occurred and I still find it unusual yet perfect.  The voices blend wonderfully as do the two melodies. It has become part of my holiday celebrations.Enjoy!

Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy -- Bing Crosby & David Bowie


No comments:

Post a Comment