Monday 1 December 2014

Day 335 -- Need for some festive spirit

For the past three years, I posted a holiday tune to the Facebook page during days in December. It was that advent song celebration that led to the birth of this blog. In honour of those historical roots, I plan to continue the December tradition on the blog this year.  So many songs exist, I'm confident that finding ones to reflect daily activities and thoughts will be just as much fun as the other days have been this year.

Today as I've been working on constructing final exams and planning the one last lecture of the the year, I found myself excited by the ending of term and the planning of the next term. Christmas shopping will be a challenge, but it will get done -- it always does -- just as the grading and course plans for January.  A thought crossed my mind about finding an elf that could assist with the household decorations and packaging parcels for shipping. It seems there is nothing listed in the yellow pages. Again, it always gets done to one degree or another.

The song that fit with my feeling today is from a Broadway musical (and a less than stellar movie adaptation). The lyrics deal with the need for a festive feeling. This version of the song is more recent. Enjoy!

We Need a Little Christmas -- The Glee cast


No comments:

Post a Comment