Thursday 11 December 2014

Day 345 -- Sunny, warm and upbeat

The sun shone today and the temperature climbed into double digits (Celsius). The ground is very saturated and muddy, yet the warmth made it all bearable.  I won't say that I was organized well, but I did get several things done at the office, even if it meant walking to another building three times. I was so tired, it was difficult to hold tasks in my head -- that and way too much to do to keep it all clear.  I did run into several others who were in the same space -- the way-too-tired-with-more-to-do-than-brain-allows look in their eyes. Best that we smile, nod and humour them <smile>.

Tonight I put lights on the tree!  We'll see if ornaments follow next week.  Tomorrow is the building Christmas pot-luck, so I made a shrimp and wasabi spread to take with some yummy crackers. I even got the major gift wrapped and parcelled up for mailing tomorrow. Two days behind schedule, but it should arrive by the 24th.  It helps that feeling of being overwhelmed to get some of these small tasks completed. It doesn't mean that there is any less left on the self-replicating 'to do' list, but a sense of semi-calm has arrived for today.

Even though this song is in heavy play at the stores these days, I still love it. My favourite version is from my favourite Christmas movie. The singer does an amazing job -- breathtaking in places. Enjoy!

All I Want for Christmas is You -- Olivia Olson -- from Love, Actually


No comments:

Post a Comment